Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Work conference

Travis was in Florida for a work conference the past few days. He gave a presentation this morning and got back to us at about 6:30. We're so glad he's here! And even though he was away, we really didn't play too much. I did some serious cleaning of the apartment. We went to mom's group yesterday. Otherwise, we just did our best to stay out of the rain. Oh, but Monday was way too gorgeous. We were outside a whole bunch.

Charlie has been particularly adorable here lately. He's learned how to shake his head "no" while smiling so big that his eyes shut. He is giving kisses and waving. He is a sweet sweet boy. He's still very sneaky and can get wild like most boys do, but he has a very quiet, precious way about him.

Jack is all things animated and imaginative. He goes crazy over Little Einsteins and Doc McStuffins. I need to write Disney and thank them for the idea of Doc McStuffins. Honestly. She's changed my child's impression of doctors entirely. While Travis was out of town, he got my nurse kit from nursing school, and we gave each other checkups all day long. His favorite thing is shining the blinding light in my eyes and looking for bugs in my ears. And making the cuff hug my arm tight. He loves for me to listen to his heart and tell him that I hear Jesus in there. He is just funny. He tells me things like they're secrets, really close to my ear, except he's whisper-yelling so the rest of the room can hear him. I so love how fun this stage is.

These boys make me so happy. I love motherhood. I'm so so grateful I have these babies. Even on the hardest day when everything has gone wrong, I have cried buckets of tears, and I'm not totally positive I brushed my teeth and am certain I ate way too much chocolate, it's still so great. And the reset button gets pushed every morning.









No comments: