Travis got home tonight, and Jack couldn't settle down. He is so happy his daddy is home! Travis and I were in bed whispering and catching up. Whispering because every minute or so, Jack would walk to our room: "Hey, guys, you gotta go to sleep" or "Hey, guys, talk about me" or, my favorite "Hey, guys, I like you." He just couldn't get the wiggles out. Travis finally just went and laid down with him. There's perfect silence now.
I took Charlie for his 15-month checkup today. He is finally growing. Every parameter is now in the norm, and his doctor seemed really pleased. He still has several specialists to see over the next few weeks, but we're so glad he's growing! His doctor noted that he has diaper irritation and suggested I start potty training him. I'm sorry, SAY WHAT?! He said it's either cloth or potty or live with bad rashes, and his get really bad. Well, we came home and had lunch, and the rest of the day that baby was on the potty. It just stresses me out because he's so young. I'm about to try a different brand diaper, and when we run out of those I may go cloth. I honestly have never seriously considered cloth because our daycare back home only allowed disposables, and I couldn't stand the idea of doing both. I'm usually sold out once I commit to something, so halfway wasn't my thing. So now that we actually may have to switch to cloth until he's trained (which I expect to not happen until he's 3), I will need recommendations. So cough up your dirt, mamas.
Charlie got shots today and got stranger-danger-terrified when he saw his pediatrician. I mean, there's no way that man could have heard good heart/lung/bowel sounds on the boy because he screamed hysterically the entire time. It started out as just a little pout, then a whimper and hyperventilating, then wailing. I think the specialists he's seen and the tests that have been done have just made him sincerely and legitimately scared. Poor bug. I took a good listen to him when we got home, and he sounds perfect. Other than that, Charlie is a super smiley, happy boy. And he was dancing and laughing with Jack today to some Disney song. The two of them are too much for my soul to take. Honestly, how do you contain this much love without busting?






No comments:
Post a Comment