This morning we woke up and had apples and toast. I cut the apple in circles, and both boys loved their breakfast. Then we went to basketball practice for Jack. We switched from soccer just to see if it would help. He still had moments of fear but was tremendously better. He loved his coach and did so well dribbling and shooting the ball. I wish I had a picture, but I was out there with him most of the time.
We came home and let Charlie nap. I was supposed to get my hair cut, but the lady who cuts it had to postpone. So we just killed time until a little after noon when we finally just had to wake Charlie up so we could go play. We went to Chuck E. Cheese and ate and played. While driving home we asked Jack what his favorite game was, and he said he had lots of favorite games. He finally decided the one that made him go bump bump was his favorite. It was a little roller coaster simulator seat that Travis and I both did with him at different times. The only pictures I have are of Charlie trying to climb the table and making sure everything, including his sippy cup, was adequately peppered. We had a lot of fun.
For the afternoon, Travis and Jack napped, but Charlie was not having it. He played and chattered and cried in his crib until I finally got him. He and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was cool, but it had gotten sunny, so the fresh air was nice. It was sweet to spend some quality time with just Charlie.
Tonight, we went to dinner at Cafe Iberico with the Thompsons. We rode the train downtown and enjoyed the walk. The restaurant is a Tapas Bar, and it was yummy. I had goat cheese and marinara on toast. Trav and I split some skewers. I also sampled some of Liz's mushrooms which were so good. I love mushrooms. Towards the end of dinner, Charlie was very restless because he was so tired. I got him from his high chair and had him in my lap. It didn't take terribly long for him to spill my entire glass of water all in my lap. He hardly got wet at all. I just laughed hysterically. On our way back to the train, we ran into one of our babysitters. You don't just run in to people in Chicago. That was fun.
So now we're settled in for the night, listening to Jack try his best to stay in his bed. Today was a good day.




1 comment:
Glad y'all hahd a great day! Hugs, Minnie. luv the photos too!
Post a Comment