Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sassy, facial, and cuter

Jack's vocabulary is expansive. He says delicious, catastrophe (thanks, Gaspard and Lisa), and other "big" words like fantastic and heartbroken. Those words make me laugh. I mean, he's three. The thing that makes me laugh even harder is his mispronunciation of simple words. I'm going to tell you the story of our first encounter with each word.

Jack gets candy if he goes #2 in the potty. This was encouraged by his GI doctor and works wonders. We could probably quit it at this point since we've gotten over the post-move regression, but now I digress. Ok. So we were out of our typical M&Ms or skittles and only had the Reese's I had bought for his valentine's happy. It was February 5. I remember because this is the day Charlie broke his crown. Ah, sorry. Main story: He went #2, and I sort of panicked and ran and found his valentine stash. He lit up and exclaimed, "That's my facial candy for balentines!" I asked him to say it again which he did verbatim. Facial = special. Every time. Just so you know.

Another potty scenario, also around valentines. Travis bought sweet tarts instead of smarties. Travis gave Jack the sweet tart. His face completely squished up, got all contorted, and we were laughing so hard. He spit it out and said, "That's kinda like sassy." "You mean, sour, Jack?" "Yeah, sassy".
Sassy = sour.

Jack loves playing on the iPad or my phone. He does little educational apps or watches Little Einsteins. Sam and her fam gave Jack a toy laptop for Christmas. "Look, Mama, I got a cuter!!" Sometimes the sound is more "coo" than "q", which I correct immediately. Don't want him running around shouting that out. So, cuter = computer.

We played outside earlier, and now the boys are napping. Charlie was pretty persistent about putting a hat on his head, so I found one that fit, and he was happy. I'm so glad the temperature is creeping up, albeit slowly, and the sun is out. Come on Spring!











No comments: