Jack calls Chuck E. Cheese "Chick 'n dale". I love it. Travis took him there Saturday after his basketball practice, and he had a really good time. It's an awesome time for $5. Jack did really well at basketball Saturday morning. Travis took him alone and said he was really shy at first but opened up and was really interactive. He's making progress.
I'm wishing away these next few days for two reasons: Travis comes home Wednesday and SAMANTHA IS COMING FRIDAY!!!! Oh my goodness, I can't wait for Sam to be here. I wish her crew could come with her, but at least the little fella in her belly will be here. I can't wait to see her and her growing belly. This is her last chance to fly before baby boy comes, and our husbands surprised us with this as our birthday presents. We've always celebrated our birthdays together, and this is a little early, but we'll take it! Aaaahhhhh!
What else? Hmm. We played at the park multiple times today because the weather was so gorgeous I could've cried. I'm hopeful that my porcelain white legs will become at least a slightly darker shade (maybe cream?) by the end of May. Also, my children are worn slap out. I love how hard they sleep after playing outside nearly all day. It's great. Charlie's giddiness after going down the slide is so precious. He laughs so hard when he runs into Jack trying to catch him at the end of the slide. Jack is full throttle on the big play area that has swinging bridges, twisty slides, and corkscrew ladders. And he is a pro at the log run. He hardly ever slips. I'm impressed by his balance and coordination. Although, I shouldn't be, since he was climbing stools at Charlie's age. And after watching Charlie these last few weeks, we have realized he will be just as climby/jumpy as Jack is as soon as he grows. He is just as precise and flawless in deadly maneuvers on furniture and play equipment. Totally supervised, of course. I'd rather him go ahead and perfect it with me there. No amount of time-out or loud "no"s or separation from the object is going to get these boys to stop. They came out of the belly ready for adventure, and I have decided to just join the fun. I'm game.




No comments:
Post a Comment