We sort of live at our dining table throughout the day. We do school there. I fold baskets of laundry there. And, of course, we eat there. It has taken a beating. We needed a tablecloth, but I've been dragging my feet not finding the right one.
So today we went to Evanston for a midwife appt. Just a "well" checkup. And an interview in hopes of future pregnancy. I desperately want a VBAC and want to be with a midwife but also want to deliver in a hospital. I've seen too many perfectly healthy situations go awry right at delivery, ahem, as with Charlie, and I just can't deliver at home. Plus Travis would go absolutely insane. Anyway, I'm not pregnant, and this was just an interview/wellness appointment. And my goodness, they were fabulous. The clinic was so nice to my boys. The midwife actually snuggled Charlie while she interviewed me and let Jack play in her office with her huge inventory of toys. She listened to me. She took her time. She was down to earth and very professional at the same time. It didn't feel at all like a doctor's office. We left the appointment with the clementine they gave Jack and drove back to our apartment. Two thumbs up for midwives. She totally met my expectations.
So when we got back we walked over to a resale store in our neighborhood. I was just perusing but asked about tablecloths. Wouldn't you know, they had the perfect one. White, durable, simple, right size. And $5! Yay for resale. It's in the wash right now, along with the Chicago bulls teddy bear Jack couldn't leave. The lady gave it to him as a welcome to Chicago gesture. She said she heard our accents before we walked in the store.
So I'd say today was a success!
3 comments:
Hi,
I found your post while googling "Evanston midwife". Would you mind sharing who this wonderful midwife was?
Gaye Koconis : )
Thanks!
Post a Comment