Thursday, January 3, 2013

Processing

What an exhausting night... both physically and emotionally. We had 9 amazing friends at our house packing everything from the kitchen to our clothes and taking a huge burden off our shoulders. At about halfway, Ross stopped and prayed for us. The blessing of this group of people is overwhelming. I'm ugly crying thinking about it. He prayed for peace, for us to find a group of people like them, for us to be Salt and Light, for our boys to transition well, for us to always know how much we mean to them. I couldn't take it. Neither could Travis.

The particularly difficult moment of the night was when I said goodbye to Brit. Crud. Here's the ugly crying again. You know on Friends when Monica and Rachel go into totally un-understandable cry-talk? Like a different octave and slurred? Add my hoarseness, and it was absurd. My heart just breaks. Then she was walking out the door and little Jack ran after her telling her to not leave him. They hugged, we were both sobbing, and Jack ran back inside. I just had to go to a room by myself and get it out. Cry really hard, pull myself together and get back to packing. This just plain hurts.

I was amazed watching Jenn and Kristen pack up my kitchen, the boys assembly-lining and plowing through the den and closets, Mat ran and got more supplies at the store. Jenn got Charlie to sleep for me. I was soaking up every minute left with these sweet, precious friends.

When everyone left, Travis and I fell to pieces. Jack was still (at 10:30) so hyper from having seen everyone. He was so happy!

Father, a thousand times, thank you for the truly wonderful people you have placed in our lives. They are family. I'm so thankful we can call them our best friends. Make us stronger friends in our physical absence.

I love y'all!!

No comments: