Monday, January 21, 2013

Six years

Yesterday, Travis and I celebrated six years of marriage. I feel like I was just writing about our five years!

We went to church, ate at Cafe Baci again. This time Joe and his fiancé Katie joined the Thompsons and us. We met Joe when we came in May of '07, my very first trip to Chicago. He and Katie are getting married in March and seem so sweet together.

We hibernated yesterday afternoon and then got up and got ready for our date. Liz watched the boys at their place. We ate at an Italian (surprised?) restaurant Club Lucky over in Buck Town/Wicker Park. I loved being together uninterrupted. The only distraction was the table of 15 women who evidently had not seen each other in ten years. Our dinner was relaxing and special.

We came home with our little ones and got them to bed as the weather went into single digits. Yikes! The only other time we've done that was when we came to Chicago in '09 for our anniversary... that time it was -14. It was painful. And I was 15-ish weeks pregnant with Jack. Nothing says I love you like a new pair of flattering long johns. I feel like I've learned so many things in 6 years. One of those is to laugh. It's nothing like the movies, and I sure am thankful for that.

Happy Anniversary to Travis!! Here's to many many more!

No comments: