Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow... in Mississippi

Today was emotional for a couple of reasons. I was talking to Travis over dinner and doing my best to keep from crying. Then I got on facebook and saw this post: "Your house this morning" with the picture of my Clinton house. 
Oh, man, the flood gates opened. We've seen a few flurries here in Chicago, I've stalked my friends' profiles and bugged them for snow pictures today, and that picture just blessed my heart so much. Thank you, Felicia! We drove away from that house two weeks ago today.

On the plus side, I got to catch up with a couple friends and hear some voices today that I've missed very much. It will get better. It's actually been okay. I think it's when I hear them that I really feel the ache over what I love so much in Mississippi, and it hurts that I am missing the ins and outs of those daily happenings with those wonderful people.

Then I'm reminded by these cuties that I have my favorite little folks right here with me (I hate that I don't have pictures with Trav... we need to do better at that, but he is a favorite for sure). Look at those cute boys! I'm super lucky to have them





No comments: