On Friday, the boys and I declared it Fort Day. We played and had all our games and snacks in the fort. We napped in the fort. We had story time in the fort. It was super fun. We love a theme day around here. Fort Day might have to be repeated because it was such a success.
Friday night, we met up with the Thompsons and wanted to eat at the Twisted Lizard. We walked there and realized the restaurant had closed. So we walked to this place called Nookies Too, which has a huge menu with tons of options. Our waitress was from South Carolina and made us feel right at home with her drawl. Everyone had breakfast for dinner except me (I know... it didn't feel right). I had a burger. After dinner, we walked to Sweet Mandy B's, of course, for sweets. We did have a week-long break from there. That's pretty good considering the place is literally a one minute walk from us. We then went home and crashed.
Saturday was unexpectedly crazy. We went downtown and opened a bank account here just in case we need to cash a check. I didn't have my credit card, so I couldn't do my part. Since the boys were restless in the stroller, Travis sent me ahead towards Macy's. We had heard their coats were on sale, and Travis needs a warm winter, non-work coat. So I did a little google maps search, and the only thing that came up was a Macy's down on State Street - a good 15 minute walk without a stroller. So I kind of cursed Travis for having me walk so far with the boys, but then I started enjoying the view and getting my sense of direction in the area. So that was nice. We got to Macy's and needed to eat. Travis had given me some cash, so we got to the lower level and scouted out the options. 30 minutes after we had left Travis, he called and said he was done at the bank and almost to Macy's. I was surprised he had made it so quickly but didn't really ask. Then we tried to meet up and finally realized that he went to the Macy's on Michigan (one minute away from the bank). Buuummmmer. I decided to take my time, get the boys out of the stroller and enjoy lunch. Around 12:30, we started our trek back home. Good thing Travis had given me some money! I now know to always take my own keys and money.
When we got home, Charlie and I parked it on the couch and ate/napped. Jack and Trav went across to the park and played for an hour.
Saturday evening, we went and had dinner with a few couples from Willow. The couple who hosted live in our area and were so very nice. The wife had Jack all hyper and playful in no time. Another couple there had their little 7-month-old who was too cute. The conversation was light and fun and comfortable. The dinner was very good... lasagna. And I'm a snob about Italian. Dessert was awesome, too. Homemade pies from a local bakery. It's surprising that I've actually maintained/lost weight since I've been here because this town is chock full of awesome food. I guess all the walking helps. That and the fact that we actually eat home-cooked, healthy meals during the week. Anyway, our time with some Willow folks Saturday night was great, and it was really nice getting to know a few couples who share our love for God.






No comments:
Post a Comment