Errands are a little harder to run here. Two reasons: it takes a year to get myself and two munchkins properly dressed and out the door, and I have no clue where anything is located. I have found a Target on Elston that I have frequented simply because I know nowhere else to go. It's probably not even the closest one. But it has parking, and I like that.
Liz has shown me an awesome produce grocery, Stanley's, that is ridiculously cheap. Woop! I'm talking $1 for a pack of blueberries, $1 for 3 avocados. I could go on. This makes making baby food even cheaper! Although, Charlie is transitioning to table foods rather quickly with my back turned. He ate Jack's chicken nugget the other day before I could get my hands clean and stop him. He was squealing and clapping and had crumbs all over his face. So I checked that off the list. Back to my original thought... Stanley's makes produce very reasonable, and it is also a short drive from us. Yay!
Our only errand today was to my favorite Target to return some baby gates. Tomorrow we're going to go get a phone for our land line and then go to Stanley's. This weekend when Travis is home, I'm making a big grocery and home items run to prepare for Charlie's birthday and the horrible winter weather. It's been mercifully mild since we got here, so I'm dreading when the snow/ice starts. I have no intentions of leaving our apartment except for church and small group once that occurs.
Speaking of small group, Travis met a girl after church on Sunday who hosts a couples small group in our neighborhood. We've corresponded by email, and she's connected me with babysitter lists, a small group opportunity, and we're having dinner with her and her husband Saturday night. I'm grateful! Liz has also gotten connected to a mom's small group, so we're checking that out next week. For those of you who've been praying for that specific area, thank you! I really miss Rejoice at FBCJ, so this makes me very excited.
First unrelated thought: today started Charlie's last week of his first year. Today is his last Wednesday before he's one! Wow, this year has been crazy fast. Can't wait to celebrate!
Second and last unrelated thought: my sister Sam is having another baby!!!!!!! Now you know (another reason) why leaving was soooo hard! She will welcome little baby Richardson in early July... maybe a little later if history repeats itself. I was at her first appointment and got to see little baby's heart just a beatin'. It was awesome. Now baby is the size of an avocado. I eagerly look forward to seeing her belly grow (that's the only thing about her that gets bigger) and going home to meet that baby. Yay for another sweet Richardson baby!!

1 comment:
So glad somebody's keeping track of this poor child's progress ;). Neat to know he/she is the size of an avocado (what I ate in my salad tonight, wow!)... I love & miss u sooooo much!!!!
Post a Comment