We got off the plane Friday and spent about 30 minutes in the airport bathroom getting in our gear. If Charlie was able, he would have killed me. I've joked that he would look like the Christmas story kids, unable to move... It's actually true. My poor baby cannot even turn his head side to side. Well, maybe just a smidge. But he was the brightest shade of purple-red as he was screaming at me. Jack didn't like his gear either but preferred it over the cold. He more happily obliged.
We made our trek to the CTA stop that's at the airport, the orange line, and hopped aboard. Jack, who couldn't stand to wait to ride the choo choo was asleep when we finally got to it. He woke up when we transferred to the red line. We stopped off at the grocery that's right off our stop and grabbed a piece of celebratory cake, waters, and apples and headed for the house. Travis was actually there when we were, we just didn't see each other. So he called and ran our way to let us in our new place.
The boys loved being able to get out of the stroller and just explore and stretch out. There's a little window seat on the second floor that Jack loves. Trav went and grabbed us lunch, and we chowed down. We waited for a while for the movers, but they were a little delayed coming, so the kids and I headed on over to Liz. Charlie ate and got a long nap while Jack and Theo played hard. I got a call from Trav around 2:45 that the movers were there. Finally.
About 3:30, I got a call from Travis that parents (we live across the street from an elementary school) were freaking out about the truck being in the way even though we had signs blocking off the street, and the movers were being fussy. So I went over and calmed everyone. We had to order a split box spring for Jack because the standard one wouldn't go up the stairs - first of many hurdles. The owner's realtor reimbursed us, though, so that was really nice. They had to bend our king mattress like a taco to get it up the stairs. It's just a touch messed up now. By a touch, I mean a lot. We had to cut a beam off the bottom of our headboard, and my wardrobe is really really banged up. Ugh. It was bad. I DO NOT like moving.
I left at 6:00 to get back to the kids. David went to help Travis. Liz so graciously made us spaghetti and delicious blackberry cobbler. If you know Liz, then you know anything she cooks is divine. I don't care if she says that cobbler was just the cup-cup-cup recipe, I swear hers is better. We came home around 8:30 when the boys were just done with the day. Travis and I did our best to make some headway unpacking. I think Travis fell asleep around 1:00. I went to bed around 2:30 after I put Charlie's crib together, cursed thing. It moved me to angry tears, I was so frustrated. Then I rearranged his room 100 different ways before I got it just how I like it. Charlie slept in his pack-n-play in our room. Jack loved that he would be sleeping right across the hall from us. We were 100% drained and passed out when our heads hit the pillows. Excited to be in our new house!
P.S. please notice how messed up Charlie's hair is when he takes off his hat. He has my hair = no hope.




No comments:
Post a Comment