Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hat head

Charlie's hair is out of control when we take off his hat. He gets it from his mama. It's why I don't wear hats much.

We went to Willow Creek for church this morning. I have to confess, I was in a place of distraction and hesitation when I went. We've been before and loved it, so it wasn't the church I was having reservations about. It was me. The service was perfect because the teacher challenged us to ask God to make us receptive to His touch. I did that, and I was definitely thankful to be there. I was able to release some fears and doubts and just really rest in my God this morning.

A side note: all morning, Jack was so excited to go make new friends. He was literally yelling, "I'm going to have a friend!" It made me want to cry. He was reserved when we first got to church, but then he played and got comfortable with his new room, teachers, and buddies. He ran to us afterwards yelling that he had so much fun at church. I needed that familiar feeling.

We went to lunch at Cafe Baci, and I had breakfast for lunch. I love breakfast any time of day. Amen?! We came home and hibernated for a long time and are now getting ready for dinner. I'm sad that another week is starting. It was nice to have a weekend without packing or moving. I eagerly look forward to the next one.

No comments: