Friday, January 11, 2013

Jo-nut

Today was fun. We got a lot accomplished - laundry, dishes, more organizing, and lots of playing. I actually got a shower before bedtime. It was great. That is in stark contrast to yesterday, which consisted of ELEVEN dirty accidents by Jack and endless teething-screaming by Charlie. Almost any day would beat yesterday.

I made Jack "special chocolate milk" with a mix that Travis got me from Max Brenner's. He wanted to drink it from my coffee cup that I made in Black Mountain, NC my first summer working at Crestridge. He knows it's a special mug. He thinks the mix for the chocolate milk is magical. His face was filthy when he finished that delicious frozen hot chocolate.

Charlie is so very close to walking. He is also a very hungry little thing lately and has somehow figured out how to open the fridge and dig through what little food we have. If I turn my back for two seconds, he will get into everything.

When Travis got home, we threw on some clothes and went to dinner at some place similar to Moe's/chipotle. Our original excursion took us to a sketch place where we weren't so comfy. At Qdoba, everything was clean, and we were literally the only customers. Jack loved his quesadilla. I had bean nachos. Travis had a burrito. Charlie had blueberries, butternut squash, and oatmeal. And attempted a little sampling of everyone's plate. He stood at the table during the entire meal. They didn't have high chairs.

On our walk back, we saw two sirening firetrucks speed by us, and Jack went ballistic he was so excited. He screamed "Bye, firetruck!!" for three blocks. Then we went under a very busy "L", and he was screaming about the choo choo. He's in little boy dreamland. We went by Sweet Mandy B's (that place is dangerously close) on our way home and grabbed some sweets.

As I was reading stories and singing songs during bedtime, Jack started singing a song I didn't know, evidently from school. I heard "sea" and "whale", and I asked him to tell me about it. Very loudly and excitedly and quickly, he said, "You know, mama, when the BIG fish swallows and eats up the Jo-nut and then spits him out on the land!" Jo-nut. Not to be confused with do-nut, or more correctly, Jonah. I was laughing so hard I was hurting. That boy.

Good night, all. TGIF.

No comments: