Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

I worked post-call this morning and then finished my notes at Starbucks. After a short nap this afternoon, I fed Charlie and got ready for our New Year's Eve time at the Deese house. We had soups and barbecue and dips and desserts. Before the Walkers left, we sang an early birthday song to Charlie and let him eat his first cupcake. He tore that thing up!! It was so funny! He cried really hard when I took it away from him. Then he was ready for bed, so he fell asleep eating and was down for the count in the pack-and-play in Lacy and Kaleb's room. I can't believe he'll be one in 23 days. For the rest of the night, we had good fellowship with our sleepy kids and then left around 10.

I'm always a little hopeful for a better me when a new year starts. I want to eat healthier, exercise more, slow down (thanks for the reminder, Jenny), and just become more of what God envisioned I would be when He made me. I want God to take this new year and this new place we are conquering and shape us into a family who draws people to Jesus and shows people who He is. I imagine this new year being a year of many firsts! Which is so good since we are ending this year with many lasts.

Now I'm going to close my post-call eyes and slumber away the first several hours of 2013. Happy New Year!

No comments: