Monday, December 17, 2012

Here come the boxes

Travis started packing 5 boxes a day on Saturday. He's very good at giving himself a goal and achieving it. I'm not so good at either. I like to blame it on sentiment, which is partly true, but I'm also just not wanting to pack. A little lazy. A little unmotivated. I would rather spend time with my sister or get ready for Christmas, or lay in bed trying to get rid of this stubborn sinus infection that has given both the boys and me a miserable fever and a couple sleepless nights. So I have made some lists with my tasks for my next two days off. Today will consist of Christmas shopping and cleaning. Tomorrow is all about packing. A part of me really wishes the boys felt better so I could send them to daycare and get stuff done. The other part of me is just incredibly thankful they're with me. In light of the Connecticut tragedy, I am even more sensitive to the blessing of having my children. Sick or well. Grumpy or happy. I have two adorable babies who I am so grateful to have in my life.

And along the lines of gathering items and moving, our friend David has brought new meaning to the term pack-n-play. If anyone is interested, our house will perpetually be in the state of packing and playing until we roll out on January 3rd. So bring your kiddos and their play pens and grab a box. We need all the help we can get!

No comments: