Ok. I don't do rodents of any sort. Insects either. For real, I go nuts I'm so scared. So there's the back story.
Friday morning, Travis declared there was a mouse in the house. He had seen it run to our fireplace late at night. He tried very hard to catch it without success. He set out sticky traps Friday night. On Saturday morning, very early (think 4:30 am), I'm feeding Charlie on the couch when I see the mouse run from the boys' bathroom to underneath the couch. I almost hit the ceiling, and Charlie was so startled. I lost my voice last week, so my scream was silent. I could hear his squeaks under me. I whisper-yelled for Travis. Nothing. So I called him. Like, on his cell phone. Yeah, I know. Not smart. He was some kinda mad when he came out of the bedroom. I finally got up the nerve and jumped from the couch to the chair to the hall with my child in my arms. Mom of the year.
Here's where I become the hero. Ok, so I'm packing the china cabinet and I see Mr. Mouse run to the hall. Oh no he didn't! I'll kill him if he scares/hurts my kids. So I got very brave and followed him and found him in the hall closet. I stare that boy down, and he ran into the vacuum hose. I close the door and lined the opening with the sticky traps. When we got home Saturday night, the mouse was caught! Travis contained him, took him a mile away, sprayed him down with oil and wished him luck to get himself free. We haven't seen him again. Neither of us could bare to kill him. I was glad Travis found the info about helping them get free. I mean, Mr. Mouse is definitely not welcome at my haven, but he can go scurry along in the field any time.
Here's hoping he doesn't have a family camping out in my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment