Sunday, December 30, 2012

The lasts

This has been our last weekend in Clinton. I worked Friday, and we took the boys to their last day of daycare. I seriously couldn't keep myself together. I cried most of the way to work. Those sweet ladies have been really great to our babies. Work was good and kept me busy and distracted. Travis picked me up a little after 7:00- he sold his car and we are now a one car family. We then went and spent time with the Avens. We started a game of Epic Mickey 2 that I doubt we'll have time to finish in MS, but that's our game and we had to start it together.

Saturday morning, Ross and Kaleb came over and helped us tackle our to-do list around the house. That was so extraordinarily helpful and relieving. Around 10:00, I met a mother and her son and gave them Pumpkin for the day, not knowing if they would want to keep her or not. That was tough, but we were happy to have a prospective home for her before going. I gave her kisses, and Jack hollered "I love you" from the car window. We drove away with tears and headed home.

Then we had lunch at McAlister's with Ross and the Deeses. My favorite part of the weekend was us all hanging out at the Deeses last night. David was sick, so he missed out, but otherwise the whole Clinton crew was all together with the Thompsons! I can't even put into words my heartache over leaving our friends. I feel like each moment we have together as the time winds down, I'm loosing pieces of me. They are just that incredible. So it was awesome to have a fun night all together!

This morning we were getting ready to go to church, and we were late leaving. We even had to stop and grab breakfast for Jack because we forgot to feed him. Awesome parents we are. Although we've never done that before in 3.5 years, so I'm giving us some slack. So we got to the church about 10 minutes later than usual, but it looked like a ghost town outside. I got the boys inside and remembered it was a one-service-Sunday, and we came to the skipped one. Man! We tried to figure out how we could kill time without being late to the next service, and it just didn't work. So we didn't get to be at church one last time at FBCJ. We are very sad. We're also sad that we missed out on that sleep. That's what we get for being sick 3 weeks in a row.

My phone's memory is full, so I can't take any more pictures. I'm going to try and store and delete tonight at work because our laptop is broken. As soon as I can, I'll be posting more pictures. And very soon those pics will be of my bundled up children!

No comments: