Friday, March 8, 2013

Cantina, 90s Pandora, and a chilly stroll

That sums up our date night tonight. We got a babysitter whom Jack adored. We rode north a few stops to Wrigley Field and walked in hopes of finding a fun place to eat. After about two seconds, I was desperate for warmth and we ducked into Moe's Cantina. Not "welcome to Moe's". This was more of a sports bar, typical of the area. We actually got a little red-faced when we went in because we were literally the only ones there, and I asked our waitress if they were open. Anyway we sat down and started scoping out our options. The menu was more like Jackson's Babalu... tiny portions, not as tiny price. But it was really good. The good thing is our tummies are used to smaller portions, so my $8 steak tacos were just right.

Our favorite part of the meal? The awesome music! Third eye blind (shout out, Kevin!), cranberries, dishwalla, should I go on? It was basically the soundtrack of all middle and high school, and it made us both so happy. We asked our waitress what their mix was (wait, do kids make mixes now?), and she said it was just "90's pandora". Heck yeah! Our cable tv has a pandora option, so that will definitely be programmed for those days when I need extra help getting in the cleaning mood. Although I may just sit in nostalgia and not get a thing done.

After our meal, we starting walking south towards the Belmont stop. Dumb dumb dumb. Why we didn't just go the one block north to the Addison stop is beyond me. Ok, I have to say that I thought we would drive to our date, so I had on thin tights, a dress, and light jacket. I was pitifully missing my gloves and subzero coat. By the time we got to Belmont, Travis was sick of hearing my teeth chattering. I needed to defrost so we stepped into Starbucks, which we both confessed that we don't prefer. But it's a good thing we stopped because when Trav went to pay, he realized he left his credit card at the restaurant. Buuuuummer. I kept myself and my thin tights in Starbucks while Travis ran back to get the card. I got coffee. Bleh. I hate coffee, and burnt dirt is even worse. I was just THAT cold.

To complete our date, we rode back to our Fullerton stop and had the most exciting time... shopping for groceries without kids. How sad. It was $5 Friday, so we grabbed some essentials and went home. Jack was so excited to see us, and he seemed really happy with the babysitter. I took her home and went for a big grocery run at a bigger grocery store, and now I'm chronicling it all.

I guess that's about it.

Oh, and Jack has tried out two gymnastics classes in the past week because that child is a monkey. He really liked both, but they are pricey. So we'll be weighing our options.

Charlie is a monkey, too. He's too short to get on the couch by himself, but he'll scream at you until you give him a hoist. Then he bounces around all over the couch and climbs down to start the cycle all over again.

I hope all of you have a good weekend!







No comments: