Oh, my heart is torn in half and so set free at the same time. Our home in Mississippi is officially owned by someone else. Travis closed on it this afternoon. We are no longer bound financially or burdened with fixing things or depending on our gracious friends to fix them when we can't from 12 hours' drive away. I wrote a letter to the future owners the day I left the house (not knowing when we would sell it). I left it in the top right kitchen cabinet, closest to what used to be our bedroom. I remember crying so hard as I wrote, and I read it to Sam before I walked through each room for the last time. I pray this new couple has the best years of their lives in that house. I am so sad it's not ours anymore but really only because it was in Mississippi. If we were still there, I'd be crying to get out of that house. It was our money pit. So, it's a freeing day for us in many ways.
But for the days we were there, I am so immensely grateful. Late nights with closest friends. Early mornings with my babies. Sweet Saturdays with my love. Those are some precious memories packed up in our old house. What a good hurt today is.
Bye, house

No comments:
Post a Comment