While tomorrow is actually St. Patty's Day, the festivities were today. We met the Thompsons and rode the train downtown. We wanted to see the river dyed green and also see the parade. The river dyeing was supposed to occur at 10:00. We got there around 10:30ish and did not see green. We stayed for a while thinking it would happen at any moment, but after getting cold we decided to head towards the parade route. We walked inside a mall on our way and realized we (mostly I, really) were hungry. So we stopped and ate. While that was a good idea in theory, we lost track of time. When we finally walked to Columbus, the parade had passed. Womp Womp. My bad. So we turned towards the river and headed its way. And when we got there it was bold green! It was snowing, so we hurriedly snapped some pictures and walked back to the train.
Folks were a touch crazy. People were everywhere. I enjoyed seeing other humans, just not so inebriated. Everyone was decked out and excited to party. We, on the other hand, were pumped about our afternoon naps we were about to enjoy. And boy did we ever! Travis had to go work on his phd stuff at work, but the boys and I slept for 3 hours. My arm was completely numb when we woke up. I actually woke up naturally and not because a baby was crying or a preschooler needed to potty. My brain was slightly confused by this normal REM cycle. Yay for sleep!
And now that I think about it, I didn't get a single pinch today. Maybe I'm still asleep ; )












No comments:
Post a Comment