Today, I took Charlie to a Pediatric GI doctor. The interview alone took a long time, given our history, the move, previous labs and procedures. Jack was in prime worst possible behavior mode. He absolutely would not obey, climbed, jumped, shouted, threw fits, and cried. I almost cried. Charlie was great. The doctor was really nice, experienced, and humorous. He didn't know I know "Epic", and he made me laugh when during the history he asked if Charlie had stopped smoking and drinking. Without blinking he continued and asked if he was single or married, used elicit drugs, or had psychiatric instability. Made me miss complaining about Epic.
Then the doctor examined him, and after everything was considered gave me the spill of what was to be done. We did an abdominal film today. Then we went to the lab and had a urine analysis, a complete metabolic panel, a repeat celiac panel, a complete blood count with differential, a lead test (all bloodwork) drawn today. We have to make a separate appointment with the respiratory center to have a sweat test to rule out cystic fibrosis.
We'll go back May 1st to talk it all over and possibly meet with pediatric surgeons at that appointment for them to check out anatomy to evaluate size and location and ensure that his opening is lined up correctly and does not need to be realigned or dilated. With all of that decided and completed, we left Rush University at 4:45 with my children so worn out beyond belief. I so feel for parents and children who have to do this every week/month. I stopped in my car and prayed for so many families I know, mostly from the NICU, who have only known days like today as their normal life. To you, I'm so sorry. I pray you and your baby get a break. I pray you have help and encouragement. You amaze me.
We came home, and Travis took Jack on some more fun errands. We had a very scattered supper and got our sleepy boys to bed. Everyone is asleep but me. I'm not far from it.
I have a few pictures of my fellas. Charlie loves putting things on his head, especially his sippy cup. He also loves playing peek-a-boo. Sweet thing. Jack is always happy to smile for the camera. I feel like they have both changed tremendously since we moved. sigh.








No comments:
Post a Comment