Sunday, February 24, 2013

A trip home

The boys and I went home this week, and it was really good. We played and played and loved the warmer weather.

We flew home Tuesday, and that day we found out we had a firm offer on the house! Woohoo, we're under contract!! Tuesday afternoon we visited with the Richardsons and just got unpacked. We had spaghetti for dinner and all passed out that night. Charlie didn't sleep well that night, which ended up being a theme with him.

Wednesday, while Sam was on the treadmill and I was doing my workout DVD, we had 5 kids at our feet trying to workout with us. It was so cute to see them try to do some of those moves. The kids didn't stop playing all day long. I watched them while Sam went to preview Jackson Classical, and they were wired. The idea of a nap was just not happening. They were too excited to all be together. We had McAlister's for dinner and loved every bite.

Thursday was busy. Adam had his repeat MRI, Syd and Aiden went to preschool, and some other errands were run. For lunch, Jack, Charlie, and I met Lacy and Fin at Primos. We had a good time catching up, although some worker kept nonchalantly coming to our table and taking a seat to visit with our kids. We did not know him. He was nice, though. We went home and all napped. When we got up, we slowly drove through the pouring rain to Clinton to eat dinner with our Clinton friends. We ate at the Blue Rooster and then went to the Deese home to visit. I hate I didn't get to see the Walkers and their precious Esther while we were there. The babies all played together, we all talked and caught up, and it felt like I hadn't left. Maybe I haven't. I still feel like I'm looking in the rear view mirror. I'll look forward when I'm ready. We drove home after getting groceries and gas, and then we had a rough night with Charlie. I think the final fall asleep time was 1:15. That hurt.

Friday, Sam took Aiden to school and then came back to get the rest of us to run an errand. We went to Joann's fabric to get tulle for adorable tulle pompoms we made for Sydney's room and some white burlap for her curtains. We were there for a while. We grabbed lunch on the way home, and then Sam went to get Aiden. I had made a cake for my UMC folks, so I went to visit them that afternoon and again felt like I hadn't left. I got to see Jennifer, Anita, Shellee, Wendy, Penni, and Lisa. And Dr. Famuyide and Dr. Mink. Big hugs to anyone I didn't get to see. I think UMC will always feel like home, and I love that feeling. I had a few charts to sign, so I did that on my way out and was back to Sam's in time for dinner.

Saturday, our last day, went by too quickly. We went to Lowes with the oldest three to a build and grow workshop. They made monster trucks and had a great time! Then my boys and I went to lunch with our Clinton crew at majestic burger. I had a really yummy salad. We grabbed some fudge next door and said goodbyes to our friends. David drove us back to my sister's and we said bye to him, too. Jack's countenance just fell deeper throughout the day. Mine did, too. We went for a walk with all of the kids early evening and ran into Dawn DeArmond. We always have great chats with her. We're all passionate about breastfeeding, NICU babies, and the community in general, so we can get pretty excited once we start talking. I love that. Our kids were getting restless, so we finished our walk and came back to wind down with the day.

Adam had gone to play tennis, so when he got back we played the fun "what's for dinner" game and committed to Mexican. We got it to go and everyone had happy, slightly upset tummies when it was all gone. I packed up our bags, we bathed the kids and let them play, and then we prayed and sent them to bed. I fell asleep with Jack which was probably good since Charlie had another rough night.

This morning we all ate breakfast, made the rounds checking for last minute forgotten items, and loaded up for the airport. Even with a last check, I still forgot my straightener, which I didn't use while there and probably won't miss. Poor Sydney was heartbroken that she couldn't ride with us to the airport. Aiden was so sad that Jack was leaving. We smoothly got to the plane and then had the movie-worthy horrible flight with Charlie. Thrashing in my lap and crying the entire time. This is very uncharacteristic of him. He doesn't cry. He always just sits still in my lap. Not today. And then as soon as the plane landed, he fell sound asleep. Didn't budge when we unloaded, put him in the stroller, or got luggage. He woke up when we got in the car. Jack ran full sprint to Travis yelling "Daddy! Daddy!" when he saw him. So sweet.

So now we're watching the oscars with our sleepy babies. The Thompsons just left. We had breakfast for supper thanks to Trav. I'm so thankful for our time at home. I needed it.







No comments: