Sunday, March 4, 2012

Slow down

I sure wish time didn't pass so quickly. Tomorrow marks 6 weeks since Charlie was born. That means I'm halfway through my maternity leave. I am so grateful to be able to take 12 weeks (although other countries have much sweeter deals); I just can't believe it's just flying by me!

Confessions of the weekend. We helped host a shower for Brittnye and Ross yesterday. The shower was so fun, and we absolutely loved celebrating little Ro. We can't wait for him to be here! Here's the confession: there were super delicious, unhealthy foods there. I partook. I did jump right back into healthy eating today. So that's that. Not too bad. Although, I don't want to make a habit of allowing myself to cheat because, honestly, there are many more opportunities to cheat than there are to be healthy. So that just can't happen.

On to the little ones. Jack has a horrible mispronunciation of Pumpkin, our dog. He swaps Ps and Fs a lot and hardly ever says the "mp" portion of that word. He doesn't mean to have a potty mouth, it just comes out that way. We are reeeeally working on it. I think it's adorable how children just confuse words altogether. For instance, I tell Jack that I'm feeding Charlie or that Charlie is eating. He now says "mama eating Charlie". He also says he's eating the dogs whenever he helps Travis feed the dogs. Simple mistake. I love it. I correct poor grammar and mispronunciations, but I usually laugh as I do so.

Charlie is a chunk. He's gotten more alert and is holding his head up a little. He still loves to just cuddle and sleep, which I could do all day, so we make a good pair. Except for the last two nights, he has started to sleep a little longer between night feedings, up to 4 hours. Yay! I'll take it. Friday and last night were sad because his tummy was upset, and we just couldn't get it figured out. I'm hoping tonight will be better.

I hope this week is productive and that I take the time to just really take in the sweet and less sweet moments. These little ones sure do make my heart full... thank you, Jesus.



No comments: