Whoa! Haven't posted in a week. Yes, I have been busy, but I've also been focusing a lot on a new Bible study and researching/planning for a new healthy way of eating and really wanted to get a consistent regimen on those before I posted again.
I started a new Bible study that I bought several years ago and found in the cabinet last week. A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place by Beth Moore. I've been through the first week, and I'm downloading the videos from Lifeway.com. Several sections of scripture and the study have really changed my heart and blown my mind.
One passage... in Genesis, after the original sin, God tells Adam that he would toil as he worked the land for food, that the land would now produce thorns. Then, Beth Moore points out that the very curse God gave as a result of Adam's sin was put on His Son's head as He endured the cross. Christ bore every sin, every impurity, even the very first curse, all the way to the cross. I'm amazed and so humbled that my God is so detailed and that my Jesus loves me so much.
The study is centered around the Tabernacle. The bottom line is that God came here and pursues man so that if we respond, we can go dwell with Him. He is madly pursuing us.
Can't wait to dig deeper.
As far as the eating goes, it doesn't matter how hard I try to make eating healthy not include salads and still include chocolate cake and cheese every day, it just doesn't work that way. I have a HUUUUGE sweet tooth, I could (and have been known to) easily drink a gallon of skim milk by myself in two days. I am obsessed with pasta. It's just bad.
I have been reading a book called Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, and it has really opened my eyes. I've also followed several blogs (fit moms fit kids, eating well living thin, get buttoned up). All of those blogs had the same theme: the way I eat doesn't just affect me. I am making diet choices for my children that will forever impact their cravings, habits, and ultimately their health. I want Jack to eat a diverse diet packed with nutritious food (Lord, help me- he's two). I want to provide excellent nutrition for Charlie while I nurse him and offer wonderful, healthy foods when he starts eating them at six months. Above all, I really want to honor God with what I eat.
If you look back a year ago, I wrote the same sentence when I started The Daniel Plan. So this has been a struggle of mine for a while. I'm a little scared to tackle it, too. I went to the grocery store early this morning before Travis went to work, and I honestly got overwhelmed. I can do it, though. I will keep some sort of update going here for some accountability. I'm going to keep meats and dairy on board at this point since I want to keep my milk supply, but I have already made changes that have made me feel better.
Jack has a crazy love of nutella like I do... See below
So here's to a healthier me..body and soul


No comments:
Post a Comment