Charlie feels better today. I'm so thankful. He is still coughing and runny-nosed, but he seems more comfortable. We went for his 2-month check-up today. Growing well: 12 lbs 11oz, 24 inches long. They decided to defer rocephin (thank you, Lord) and just give amoxicillin twice daily for 7 days to treat his ear infections. He received his vaccines: 3 shots and one by mouth. Poor poor Charlie. Man, I hate seeing my babies cry like that. I'm glad that's done. We go back in May.
While in the doctor's office, Jack fell off a chair and busted his lip. Why not? Seemed totally appropriate to add to the ailments. He was so pitiful. Then the blood freaked him out, and I could hardly talk him down. We finally got over that and got to the car.
On the way home both boys fell asleep, and I got both of them inside the house still sleeping. Charlie woke up to eat, and in the middle of that feeding Jack woke up crying. A familiar and distinct cry. The sick, I want my mama cry. Poor baby came to the couch and laid his head on my lap and closed his eyes. He was radiating heat. I immediately ran to the bathroom and got Tylenol and Motrin and dosed him up.
This is first experience with both children being sick. I do not like it. I want to hold both of them and just make it go away. I'm thankful that I'm well and can take care of them. I'm thankful that they're both such sweethearts even when they feel rotten. I'm at Walgreens right now waiting on the amoxicillin and wishing I was with them. As soon as I get home I'm getting in my PJs and snuggling with my honey and my babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment