Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New temp job

I'm not sure why this says this was posted feb 1st... It's the 5th. Regardless: tomorrow I start my job as a temporary full-time stay-at-home mom. It will only last for 10 more weeks but you better believe I'm going to soak it up! I'm a little depressed that the first two weeks have passed by so quickly, but I'm also grateful to have the toughest part of recovery out of the way... And now I can drive, pick up "baby Jack" (he will always be baby Jack to me), and go walking! Yay for some normalcy. I HATE being a patient, so sayonara to those days.

I need to brag on my boys for a bit:

Charlie is a dream baby. He eats, cuddles, and sleeps. He whines if he's gassy, and that's about it. I'm extraordinarily grateful that he is so pleasant and sweet. Jack was much the same way. Charlie is sleeping in our room in the pack-n-play right now. We decided we would do this well before he was born because I was a little bluesy with Jack when he was all the way across the house and I was up at night by myself. I have only shed a few sets of tears this go-round and most have been related to delivery. I know, I need to get over it. I will eventually. So Charlie is just an angel. Precious baby. I love holding him, hearing his sweet little newborn sounds, and watching him doze off and have gassy grins. I adore him. I hate that the newborn period passes so quickly because it's just so sweet!

Jack has fallen in love with his little brother and can't stand to be away from him. He is also super helpful with getting diapers, burp cloths, etc. Several early mornings he has come to our room and just stared and smiled at Charlie while he was sleeping. I have had to tell him several times that only mommies feed their babies when he has offered to feed him while lifting his shirt (terribly confusing to him, I'm sure). Soon enough he will have the pleasure of helping with bottle feedings with daddy when I'm not home. He prays and thanks God for Charlie. He walks through the house saying "I dub Twolly" when he doesn't think anyone can hear him. He has been especially needy of attention from Travis and me, but I totally expected that. I am so proud of him and his sweet little heart. He has made me laugh so much in the last two weeks, and time has stood still when I've watched him innocently love on that tiny baby. I treasure sweet Jack.

Travis has been the biggest help with both boys. Thank goodness he was able to only work half days last week because that was such a huge help. Jack has loved him being home so much... I think Travis's presence has made the most significant impact on Jack's ability to adjust during this time. Jack has seen Travis love Charlie and him and me, and it's just eased Jack's restless two-year-old self. Travis has been consistent and very present for all three of us, and that has blessed our home. Yay for a wonderful hubby and daddy.

I love being home with these boys! I find a great deal of satisfaction and pride in my job at UMC (I miss those babies and my co-workers!), but this role is my greatest pleasure. I simply love being a mother. I love it so very much. I thank God every day that He has blessed me with these babies.

No comments: