So yesterday as I was feeding Charlie and eating a very messy egg sandwich I thought I should do something with the crust that Jack and I never eat. Crust is overrated. I could save it and make croutons, but #1 I don't eat a ton of croutons (or salads, for that matter, but I'm trying to get better). #2 I really don't have the time/desire to do so.
Sooooo, I grabbed all our crusts and bread ends from sandwiches of the day and threw them in a sandwich bag. When I picked Jack up from MDO, we headed over to Woodmoor subdivision to feed the geese and ducks in the pond. Jack loved it! He met a little friend there who needed more bread, and whose grandmother had no problem letting her take our bread. At least Jack didn't care. They had a blast throwing their bread to the ducks, commanding them to eat, and running back and forth on the dock 100 times. Successful activity. It was great to be outside on such a gorgeous day. Charlie just chillaxed the entire time.
Last night I made a soup (Italian minestrone) I had seen and saved a long time ago on another blog of a high school friend. She was not lying when she said she could run away with that soup. Deeeelicious! We had homemade bread with it and devoured it. I have leftovers for today and 4 or 5 two-serving bags in the freezer to pull out in a bind for a yummy supper.
My unlucky situation yesterday: I got ingredients to make cookies for Jack and the two recipes from this blog *warning* the author's pictures will make you sick... She's more fit being pregnant than I've ever been in my life.* All recipes required a functional oven. I went to preheat my oven, and all I could smell was gas. The broiler function worked but no other temp setting would. I could just hear clicking. I'm thinking the temp probe is messed up. Two fortunate aspects of this: I had not prepped the recipes, and the oven is only 5 months old, so it's under warranty! I called A-1 appliance at 5:00 this morning and left a message. They called back at 8:00, and their technician is coming out today to hopefully fix my oven. At least all the ingredients are freezable, and my freezer functions at the moment.
Today is another gorgeous day. I went walking this morning when the clouds were rolling away, and it was wonderful. Now it's time to tend to the youngens. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment