Man, all I wanted to do today was take the babies on a stroll. After our first outing to the worst place on earth, wal-mart (don't worry, Charlie stayed in the car seat covered with a blanket), I was more than exhausted. How do people do it? I got home, fed Charlie while jack ate yogurt, and then we all passed out in my room. Praise the Lord for black-out curtains and white noise tracks on my iPhone. Best nap ever.
So I woke up refreshed and ready for our walk. I got out the bob to install the infant car seat adapter. A little piece on the side was stuck and would not budge. What proceeded after that moment was just pitiful. I had a fight with the stroller that was more than embarrassing as I think back on it. I'm glad only Jack saw it; although, he probably didn't need to see it. Travis came home and finally fixed the issue in a snap. He might as well have hung the moon for me, I was so amazed.
That just sucked the wind out of me, and I no longer had a single ounce of gumption in me to take those boys walking... And it had gone from 3:30 to 5:30 in the meantime. It was getting colder by the second, and I just wanted to lay down. Did I mention that while i was fighting with Bob, Jack spilt an entire box of baking soda and snack cup of goldfish on the floor AND colored all over the kitchen counter? Granted, I laughed hysterically. I mean, I did leave a two-year-old completely unattended in the kitchen. Poor move on my part. Charlie, on the other hand, was sound asleep. God has shown me so much mercy in making him so calm.
After dinner (thank you, Sarah!), I fed Charlie, and then I laced up my shoes and went for a walk by myself while Travis spent time with the boys. It was so amazing!! It was cold, but being 20 pounds lighter without twice the blood volume and horribly disturbed center of gravity made that walk so relaxing and energizing at the same time. I listened to Pandora and prayed and reflected and just unwound. Felt awesome. I'm a new person.
I came home and loved on Jack before bedtime, and then we did the nighttime routine.
Successful first day on the job. Minus the baking soda/goldfish disaster. We all ate, ran errands, slept, and I exercised. I even got a shower. I'm pleased. Here's hoping we have another good day tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment