Well, hello. This is Travis. Who knew I had a website? I certainly did not. Literally... So when the 47,000th person approached me and congratulated my wife's superb writing skills, I finally decided to check it out. So... yeah. She's a pretty good writer; however, my name appears a little more than I had hoped. I guess my dream of eliminating my internet profile has been dashed (see: NO MORE FACEBOOK!). And, yeah, about that... there has been much speculation related to why I would ever do such a thing: it goes back to two simple principles: increased productivity and a little less concern about "The Man" knowing too much about me.
So, we have two kids now. Sometimes I still REALLY DO freak OUT that I am a father. To humans. Real, live human beings look to me for guidance and direction. :::shudder::: To recap, though, Charlie is pretty much a dream baby - and Jack is handling things about as well as any two-year-old could (and probably better, if truth be told). Meanwhile, Alison is the mom of the millennium. I always feel badly when people ask how much sleep I'm getting...because the honest answer is - a lot (considering). And that is because Alison lets me. WHAT A WOMAN! And she does it with the grace and poise that I could never exhibit on even my best day. So...mom of the century. Yeah, she pretty much does everything - including fixing all broken things in our house (because I am not in ANY way handy)...so she must keep me around for something...oh, I kill the spiders.
Otherwise, I am pretty much dad of the year. I have taught Jack how to say "hot mess" - he loves it (mostly because he loves my excited reaction when he says it). He says "hot hot mess" just to make it his own. That child...already an individual. On another note, Jack inherited my sleeping habits (or lack thereof) - meaning that it takes him FORRRRRRRRREVERRRRRRRR to fall asleep. This is so much fun - considering that he won't go to sleep unless one of us is physically present with him. And since Alison has a leach attached to her, guess who it is??? So, back to the dad of the year thing, I have -32 units of patience...so I'm at my wits' end! Any suggestions? I am willing to try anything...bribery, crying, pleading, tranquilizer darts. And finally, Jack sprayed shaving cream ALL OVER the place (mostly himself) yesterday while I was on the phone and got it in his eyeball (of course) and I ran out of the bedroom screaming "THIS CHILD IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!" At which point I noticed that a wonderful, respected member of our church was at our front door bringing us freshly-baked bread and happies for the kids. Again, parent of the year.
This post is just a bunch of rambling. It doesn't even make sense...but I'm too tired/lazy to edit. This is my life. I am just limping along waiting for the weekend to hopefully catch a nap. But I am so thankful for every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment