Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stuck

We had our foundation company come back out to finish up some aesthetic stuff from the drain placement and to recheck the level. If it is possible, the foundation is actually worse. It is settling in places that have never had problems. Evidently my reaction was pretty hysterical because the man kept telling me to not panic.

We are supposed to wait a couple weeks, call him back out to recheck the level, and then make any other repairs that may be necessary. I could feel my throat closing up. I had to come inside as he finished talking to Travis. I just buried my head in my hands and cried. We are so ready to move. So sick of just throwing away money that we've worked so hard to save. So ready for a new start in a new home with our sweet little boys.

So now we're stuck. Our realtor told us to call someone else out here. She believes that their repair did harm and not good (I'm glad someone else feels that way). So we will call this guy she recommended. Either way, we're still stuck waiting on the blasted MS clay to settle and the foundation to be consistent before any other repair can be done, no matter who ends up paying for it. We just feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment.

Today, Jack and I got our hair cut. Then we all ate lunch at Salsa's with friends. Tonight was a relaxing night. We stayed home. The boys watched football, and I read and caught up on journaling and Bible study. Better end to an upsetting afternoon.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!

Alison said...

What is your website? I'd love to see