Two men spent all day long in our 100+ degrees attic repairing and rerouting our hot water. I will spend two nights on call at some point paying for it. Our house is safe again. Now all we have to do is patch the drywall. And take the receipt to the water department so our water bill can be adjusted. We're glad the saga is mostly over.
Another several days' work paid off for Travis. Travis passed his comps!! He worked really hard every weekend this summer away from us studying. I'm so proud of him. He got the email while we were in Kansas. What a relief! Now he just has to gather his review board and get to writing. By the time he finishes his doctorate, our children will be starting real school. That's a little depressing - you literally never graduate.
Before I go to bed, I just want to express how very grateful I am for God's provision and grace in our lives. We do not deserve it. We are not guaranteed any blessings. We are incredibly thankful that He has given us protection, health, and many wonderful moments as a family. He is so very good!
No comments:
Post a Comment