Monday, September 3, 2012

Almost there

We are heading to Kansas for the week to spend time with Travis's Aunt Kelley, Uncle Terry, and cousin Jerad. Jerad is a senior this year, and we are dying to see them and watch him play football. We can't wait to see them!!

We had every good intention of leaving at 6-ish this morning. Well, that was before I got a stomach bug while I was working yesterday morning. That put me down the rest of the day. No packing for me. Then it got Travis around 7 or so last night. Not good. No packing for him.

So I woke up this morning at 4:45 and packed the boys first and then myself. After all of us were up and packed, Jack got sick. At least Travis was smart enough to lay out towels in strategic places. Poor Jack was so pitiful. I got him cleaned up, and we loaded in the car to go. Again, smart Travis thought ahead and put a small trash can at Jack's feet. We weren't even to Bolton before he got sick again.

All in all, I think we stopped 7 times before reaching Fayetteville, AR, our resting stop for the night. The boys were sooooo happy to be out of their car seats. They toughed it out from 8:45 until 4:30. We are all zapped.

When we got to the hotel we all went swimming. This was a first for Charlie. He was indifferent, but the rest of us had fun. He also got to ride in his brother's (now his) big boy carseat for the first time. Jack got a new booster-type seat. We went with the evenflo secure kid because it has a harness for up to 65 pounds. A harness is just the safest thing. So Charlie is in the evenflo triumph. I hope he likes it, since he'll be stuck in it rear-facing for the next year and 5 months.

So now we're all in bed with the lights out. Except for the fireworks (why? It's LABOR day for Pete's sake!), it's quiet and peaceful at 8:30. I am going to join my boys in the log-sawing business.

4 more hours tomorrow and we'll be in Kansas!! Good night.

4 comments:

Kimber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimber said...

Hope y'all are feeling better. BTW, Travis learned the towel and trashcan trick from when I took care of his stomach bugs.

Alison said...

Thank you for teaching him so well! It was a lifesaver!

Kimber said...

It's the "P" rule. Pre-planning prevents poor performance. LOL! Glad you had fun!