Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Friday

I worked this weekend so today was my Friday. I came home and enjoyed lunch with the family before everyone took a nap. Typically Sunday immediately causes me to be comatose. Not so today. I woke up at 4:30 to get ready for work, and I stayed up all day. I've had a lot on my mind, a very heavy heart, and some journaling/writing to the boys to catch up on. So I spent the afternoon holding Charlie while I prayed and wrote and just sorted through thoughts.

When the boys woke up, we went and fed the geese and ducks. Well, mostly just turtles and fish. The geese only came for a little bit. Jack loves doing that. It was nice to just be together as a family. We came home and had supper, Jack and I had a dance party during Princess and the Frog, and now I'm pooped.

With my mind and heart at ease, I'll probably sleep better tonight between feedings than I would have if had I tried to nap. So I guess I did have a little Sabbath today after all since I let my mind rest. I'll still use either tomorrow or Tuesday to just rest physically. It'll be nice to not set the alarm. For that I am very excited.

No comments: