Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cleaning

Ugh. Unless someone lights a fire under me, this house will stay dirty forever. Here's the thing: I'm a quality time person. A close second would probably be words of affirmation. Acts of service are enjoyable for me to do but are not my natural inclination. So you see, I'd much rather hold my babies and spend quality time giving words of affirmation than arrange a way to keep them preoccupied while I clean. It just makes me feel guilty.

That being said, seriously, someone needs to light a fire under me. I've done the dishes and started one load of laundry, and I'm already wanting to scoop Charlie out of his crib and rock him the rest of the day.

I think the proverbs 31 wife was supernaturally gifted with many natural love languages, along with the energy and time to communicate them. Probably not, but she's just stellar. This is when the power of the Holy Spirit has to take over: I honest-to-goodness have to submit my will and pray for discipline to complete the task. Ridiculous, I know, but absolutely true. There's my confession of the day.

No comments: