Trajectory is sort of like an orbit... A curved path that something forcefully follows. Not by force, but with force. Some people imagine a rocket's path. I imagine a planet. My favorite definition of the word is the one that changed my path when I was 11 years old at Camp Garaywa: cross. Since then, my orbit has been wonky and crazy because I can't make my body and spirit align all the time, but the path is still forcefully headed the same direction, to Jesus. That orbit totally intersects the previous one. Cuts through it and turns me around to a completely new place.
Then there are little things within this life that completely change my orbit again... Still going to Jesus, but adjusting a little more to the curve - less wonky. Like realizing what justice really means, particularly for the orphans, widows, and poor. Or watching overwhelming, selfless generosity affect my family... the focus is clear and I spin faster and with more balance. Any time I shift the focus off me, I feel more steady. Once I look inward again (which is a lot), I'm wobbling.
This reminds me of two things: a ballerina doing pirouettes. Get your spot, and no matter how many times you go round, you'll stay centered.
And Peter. Walking on the waves with Jesus. Man, what would've happened had he not lost focus? It doesn't matter. He still changed the course (trajectory?) of time by unashamedly proclaiming Jesus to the masses and bringing about the very first Christian church. The one that served each other, helped the poor, didn't judge the sinners. The church that knew their sin but also knew their Savior. They were and I am covered by the sacrifice of Jesus. I better not let my sin keep me "just a sinner". I'm saved!
One week from now, I'll celebrate the greatest orbit-changer ever. The one who made the orbits. The one who made me. The WORD became flesh. And then bore the cross. Changing my path forever. JESUS.
No comments:
Post a Comment