Sunday, December 29, 2013

Planning for the new year and beyond

I just read through "Tell your time" (tellyourtime.com) and "one bite at a time" and am almost ready for 2014. This year was absolutely wild, and there's no way in the world I could've anticipated all that occurred. I am a teensy bit healthier, and my heart is about to burst over deep aches I can't even express. Otherwise, my biggest accomplishments this year were many more wrinkles from laughing and crying so hard. This year changed my heart, even though I didn't have that on the calendar. But truth be told. Hold on, I need to warn you type-A-ers out there. Cover your eyes. I. dont. keep. a. calendar. GASP. That's no surprise to anyone who knows how polar-opposite of "A" I am. As in, type-z. 

Here's where I'm trying to get: I have some goals in mind/heart that I'd like to accomplish this year should my days not be too surprisingly altered. And that will actually require some planning/scheduling to make sure it happens. I want to be stretched. Not in the too-thin, crazy busy schedule kind of way. But the ouch, that's me learning and growing kind of way. I want to give. My time. My talents. My money. My love. My whole Jesus-filled heart to the things that Jesus really cares about. Let's forsake this world. 

Sam gave me a print for Christmas that just makes me cry when I see it because it speaks to me in so many ways. 


"I am the daughter of a King who is not moved by the world. For my God is with me and goes before me- I do not fear because I am His."

I have no clue where that quote came from. If it's in the Bible, Google doesn't show that to be the case. Regardless, the statement is true for me. I am without an earthly father. And it tears me up. But my God is my father (psalm 68:5- father to the fatherless, defender of widows). He knows the end from the beginning, so I have nothing to be afraid of as I move forward.  And God isn't moved by the world. Yay! Whatever passion He's placed in me, I don't have to defend. My dad's life and death has rocked my world. God has told a story through my dad and affected me so greatly I can't shake it. God is so deeply in love with His children. He will fight to the death for you. He already has! Jesus died for you. YOU. 

The thing is, some people are so hungry, so sick, so poor, so unaccepted, that they can't hear "Jesus loves you." I mean, they physically hear it. But they can't see it. That's where I'm going. I want to somehow meet those needs. Because Jesus said it:

“For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’... “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ (Matthew 25: 35,36,40)

Here's to loving the least of these. I'm praying God softens my heart and opens my eyes to the least of these. That I'll pay attention and answer his prompting. Practically speaking, as a mother to two youngens, I'm going to have to be creative and wise. But the wheels are turning, and I know God will make it plain to me. Can't wait!

No comments: