This little girl is also just precious. She is the cutest, smiliest thing I've ever seen. We can tell the other girls don't include her. But Jack, being shy at first, was accepted by her and they are "best friends" now. When she sees him as we wait for the doors to open, her face lights up with the most joyful smile, she yells his name, and she runs and grabs his hand to walk in with him. She is a beautiful little Indian girl whose parents are quiet and so sweet and complimentary. They tell me she talks about him all the time as her closest friend. I just want to sneak her in Jack's backpack (because she could probably fit!) and bring her home. I love that little girl!
It makes me so thankful that Jack goes to a school and church where there are children from many cultures and backgrounds. He has never asked me about skin color. He describes people as "the pretty one with black hair", "the lady who smiles a lot", or "the one who looks like Pocahontas". Thank you, Disney. I'm thankful he sees people for who they are. For their smiles and sweet spirit. Or that he will not want to be around people for meanness/teasing. Not just automatically pairing off with another little white boy who looks like him. And he has said he's so glad his little friend was nice to him when he was scared and that it made him want to be nice to kids who are shy and scared. That little girl (her birthday was Thursday!) has taught my sweet boy a lot.
I love that he says his best friend is the sweet, kind, smiley little girl. I pray that he always sees the heart.
1 comment:
That is because he takes after his wonderful parents! :)
Post a Comment