Before we went to our check-up on Friday, Charlie and I went to the Little Feet Consignment Sale at our church. It was great!! We racked up. Thankfully, Casey told me a smart phrase to say in response to Travis's anticipated "You spent how much?" question. And it went over well. "I just built a house in Haiti." He couldn't say much to that. We love our new-to-us clothes and are glad it helped But God ministries. The sale made over $15,000 for missions!! The next sale will be March 22 & 23. Go ahead and get those closets emptied! www.littlefeetconsignment.org
So, we went to see "Dr. J" on Friday. Jack weighs 40 pounds and is 40 inches tall... off the charts for his age. He didn't even flinch when they checked his bloodwork. We had to get a little creative to catch the pee in the cup. For some reason he didn't want them to have it. But we finally got it, and he was all clear for UTI, diabetes, and kidney disease. All in all, I think he ended up getting 4 dum dum suckers. Good thing we weren't at the dentist.
Charlie is 17 1/2 pounds (50th %), 28 inches long (75th %), head is 46 cm (95th %). He got his 6-month shots, and we got a prescription for amoxicillin because his left ear is infected. Again. He did great, though. I don't mind going because our pediatrician works Camp Crestridge every summer, so I get a little camp fix. (That's one age I really look forward to: 6-7 years old when they can start going to camp!!) We were happily home at lunch time.
That night, we ate supper with the Avens before they headed to Kosciusko. Yesterday we kicked booty organizing and decluttering our house. Last night, we ate with friends before the Thompsons move. If I could put a trillion sad faces here I would. We DO NOT want them to go!
Today was busy, too. Church, luncheon, hosted a wedding shower, and then back to church for Awana.
Whew. We're worn out. It was a great weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment