Awana has proved to be such a rewarding time. At Jack's age, the participants are called cubbies. There is a little bear named Cubby whom they get to see during story time. He's all the rage, by the way. Jack has learned three verses so far and is so excited about God! We are loving being a small part of sowing seeds in these precious little hearts.
-----------------------------------------
Saturday, we had folks at our house putting in a drain to protect the foundation. Why, oh why, does every suburb of Jackson have the worst foundation ever?! Seriously! We expect them to come back and finish tomorrow.
Today, we had lunch with friends at Sonny's after church. Then we went home, and all four of us slept until 3:45. It was heaven. We went back for Awana tonight, and now we're chilling while the boys are asleep. Ready for another week. Travis is just starting to stress about Hurricane Isaac. I'm just stressing because I'm working when it will hit. Yikes. The idea of being away from my children during the middle of a crazy storm during which they might close the daycare makes me pretty nervous. That and the fact that we haven't freaked out and gotten groceries. Which means those crazies that you've been making fun of are way ahead of the game than I am. Oh well. I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday. I will go to the store and prepare the roost.
No worries. Good night. Speaking of night, check out this sweet picture of Charlie. I took it of our monitor when I woke up Friday night to feed him. I kind of love the fact that he flips himself over to sleep on his stomach. He sleeps better.
Ok now really good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment