Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A couple updates

Jack started K-3 on Monday. This is bittersweet. We're proud that he gets to promote and is learning and loving "school". I'm sad because he is expected to go every day, and, well, I don't want to take him on my days off. I want to just love on him at home. It's why I work part-time. So I told the teacher he's probably going to miss school some, which she said was fine. Good girl.

Jack loved his first two days. He especially loves the "pooter" (computer). His teachers have said he is very good at organizing like-objects and seems to be very "left-brained" (Travis). He has hit the sack hard and early both nights. Poor guy. Seems to be going good so far! I have pictures, but they're on the Rebel, and I honestly just don't have the energy to get that all done right now. Did I mention I was on call Sunday night? It wasn't a bad night, but any night away from home and working is just a tough recovery physically.

We also started Awana this week, a program at our church that teaches kids scripture in a fun and understandable way. Travis and I will teach Jack and several other three-year-olds the promises of God. What an honor.

I started making Charlie's baby food. Tonight I made peas. Super easy. I just steam 2 cups of peas, puréed until smooth, and spooned into ice cubes. Viola. He'll get his first helping tomorrow night. Tomorrow I will make butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and zucchini. I LOVE making my baby's food. I started doing this when I kept Aiden for Sam. That helped so much in creating the foundation of habit to be able to do it for Jack. Now it's second-nature as I prepare food for Charlie. It's fun and rewarding.



No comments: