Sunday, October 27, 2013

I miss my sister

To keep myself from having an absolute meltdown, I have to say, "I MISS SAM!" There. That's better. She's worked really hard this week taking care of things related to Dad, and it's broken my heart to not be there to help her and Crystal. It's been emotional for her to sort through sentimental items, physically exhausting to be moving and cleaning, and sacrificial as she's left her family to handle it all. 

Anywho, I just miss my sister. Big time. 

We took the kids down Southport today for trick-or-treating. It was fun. The local businesses had candy, and it was neat to peek in and see each business... Working hard to keep their doors open without a big chain name. Go, small business owner! 

Also, Charlie is straight up TERRIFIED of masks. Jack put on his hulk mask while Travis and I were getting ready to take them out, and we heard Charlie screaming bloody murder. We both ran thinking he was injured, but, no, he was scared to tears over the hulk mask. Poor sweet baby. So Jack can't wear his mask around Charlie. We also saw Big Bird while we were out and about, and Charlie clung to me like the monkey he was costumed as. 

This puts thoughts of a Disney vacation on delay. Bummer. Not that we had even started planning, but I'd like Jack to go in the next year or so. We'll see. 

Ok, now I'm just rambling. Sorry. I'll get back to reading "7" by Jen Hatmaker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kids,
I know you have had an anguishing year, and my heart goes out to you all! I wish I had the magic solution or the right words to ease your pains and heartaches. Unfortunately, I am at a loss... I just love you all !
Minnie