Monday night, I was getting the boys in the bed at Molly's house. There were some hand weights that Jack and Charlie had, of course, gotten into and thrown on the bed. I grabbed them and put them under the bed and said goodnight to the boys. Jack said, "Here's one more, Mama," as the weight tumbled off the bed and landed square on my foot, sending me breathless to the floor. I picked the weight up off my foot and just saw black on the top and bottom. No doubt, those bones were crushed. It took about ten minutes for the pain to decrease and numbness from swelling to set in. Yesterday morning I asked my dad and another ortho what I should do. They both said an ER visit and X-ray would be a waste of time and money. The place had too tiny of bones to pin and would realign themselves, and I need to stay off of it with a walking boot for a couple weeks. So I look ridiculous with my walking boot and not-so-matchy flip-flop.
And I should also tell the story of how I let the dog out this morning, and Charlie said, "Bye Bye!" and closed the door, locking us out of the house. I ran around the back of the house and banged on the window and hollered at Jack, my usually very light sleeper, to wake up. It took 45 minutes and several crying spells, and then he popped up and ran to the door.
We all took our time bathing and getting ready. No need to rush when you're that late.
And that's that.
1 comment:
Bless your heart! You need to take a break, & go to the spa for a massage, girl! Love to you, and Minnie's boys! x0x0x0x0
Post a Comment