I just spent two weeks in Mississippi with my boys. Yesterday morning, we stopped by the hospital one more time and then hit the road. I grabbed enough $1 toys and snacks at Walmart to attempt to maintain sanity. The drive from Jackson to Chicago is just brutal. Imagine Mississippi delta scenery for 10.5 straight hours, and add an hour and a half of diaper and wardrobe changes. My car is pure filth (oxymoron?), and the three of us were like spaghetti noodles falling out of the car when we got to the apartment, Travis eagerly awaiting our midnight arrival.
There was one amazing surprise on our drive back
I started squealing! I am a sucker for any Italian, but give me a $4 kids ravioli with breadsticks, and I'm giddy. My children didn't touch their food, so I boxed it up for today's lunch... for me.
The next two weeks will be busy. I'm working this weekend, and then we're packing up the apartment and moving. Today is Jack's first day of preschool here, so we'll be getting school supplies (bonus for not starting with everyone else: regular/discount prices!). It's in the afternoon, so we'll have our mornings together. I'm thankful for that!


No comments:
Post a Comment