Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Proxy request

I got home yesterday from a weekend in Jackson seeing my dad and working, and I was depleted. Friday, I went to Little Feet and got the boys some clothes and caught up with precious folks from FBCJ. Saturday was probably my favorite because after working all night, I went to see dad at the hospital, kicked back in the recliner right beside his bed, and we both slept all day. I got to meet my friends for lunch, too. Yesterday was rough because I flew home and didn't rest much. Today I felt like a bad mom. Just distracted and too tired to give my all, and then I thought that my sweet boys are probably just so glad I'm here. So it was a movie and double-nap day with lots of snuggling, and I do feel a little better now. A shower would probably take me to the next level. 

We were supposed to go to Ravinia tonight to see Journey. And we could have made it work, but I would have been lousy company and the boys really just needed both of us home. Plus, I was waiting on a call from Sam about dad and didn't want to miss that. A little bummed about missing out but too tired to really care. 

Charlie was mad at me yesterday for having left him 10 out of the last 14 days. Today, though, he was my little baby again, parked on my hip. It's a wonder he knows how to walk. His new fave activity is climbing up on our dining table and hopping and stomping. At some point, I'll get some gumption back and stop that nonsense, but for now I stay close enough for him to jump to me as if I'm in a pool and he's on the side. Jack hugged me constantly yesterday and today, just laughing and saying he had missed me. Precious boy. He, too, has begun the latest craze of table dancing. 
Can someone come be their proxy disciplinarian for me while I survive this phase? It's either total apathy or a touch too close to crazy coming from me right now. So I gravitate towards apathy and just enjoy the moment. 

No comments: