Thursday, October 4, 2012

Barn yard

We had another field trip with Jack's preschool today. We went to the Fair to visit the petting zoo. He has been super excited about this all week. We saw cows, chickens, horses, sheep, llama, goats, and little baby ducks. The ducks were swimming in a baby pool and were so cute. One had a fro. It was hilarious. We saw some brand new baby chicks, too. That was really neat.

Each child was given money and bought feed to give to the animals. Jack kept saying it tickled when the animals licked the food out of his hands. He loved it. He said the animals were stinky and that his favorite animal was the cow. I think that's because they all mooed very loudly when they saw the kids.

Once we got back to the school Jack saw me as I was trying to get Charlie. He didn't want to stay at school anymore. I ran by Charlie's room and Ms. Judy said he was fine and still hadn't taken his bottle. So I decided I'd leave Charlie and take Jack on a lunch date. Just mommy and Jack. Well, I went and got Jack from his room and told him the plan. He did not like that. He started crying, saying that we couldn't leave his Charlie. I reminded him that it would just be for a little bit and that it was a special time for us. We got all the way to the car, and he was inconsolable over leaving Charlie. So we went right back into school and got Charlie. Sweet Ms. Judy had Charlie in his seat and was stirring his squash when we walked in to get him. Two of the directors came to encourage Jack for being such a protective big brother. It really was so sweet.

This afternoon we met with the special education case manager to begin speech therapy for Jack. Everyone was so great. We learned that they will be going to his preschool to evaluate him and establish a specific plan for therapy and make sure there aren't other deficits that need to be addressed. His basic issues are a lisp (not surprising, I had/have one and required therapy) and missing letter sounds- L, F, V. They will also be addressing some developmental issues that have resulted from his stomach issues. His preschool director recommended speech therapy based on observations in the classroom. We are glad to address these areas earlier rather than later.

We go to the GI doctor tomorrow for both boys. I am eager to have both Jack and Charlie feeling better. And to not buy miralax anymore. That's probably in the way distant future, but that's the goal. Going potty without medicine. Pray for this visit, please. It's long-awaited, and we are so ready to know what's wrong.

No comments: