Tuesday, October 23, 2012

9 months of Charlie

Yep, Charlie has been here with us for 9 months. He has added some super sweet personality to the family dynamic, and I just can't get enough of him. He had his 9-month check-up yesterday morning. His ears are still infected. He got a rocephin shot and the flu vaccine. She said he's very prone to viruses since he can't get rid of his ear infections and has already had RSV this year. Otherwise his checkup was great. No anemia. He's small for his age, but his head is 95th percentile, which doctor and I both feel is most important. Doesn't matter how big you are if your little brain isn't growing. As soon as we got home from the doctor, Charlie crawled. I caught it on my phone, since I stalk him trying to catch memories. Ms. Judy at school says he's been crawling for about a month, he just wasn't doing it at home. Now we've got two mobile children. Oh boy. And of course, first thing this morning, Charlie was pulling up on the coffee table and Jack was hoisting him up higher. My honest-to-goodness first thought when I found out we were having a second boy was how they would assist each other in getting as high as possible and then jumping. I'm all about a developmental milestone, but I'm pretty scared that I will have nothing left of my house when these two get old enough to tell the tale. Here we go!

No comments: