Right about the same time I was getting my hair and makeup done 7 years ago, I took stitches out of our 4-year-old's cheek today.
And about the same time as when I put my dress on, we all finally got out of our pjs.
Jack practiced his violin at the time Bethany warmed up for the ceremony.
Instead of walking an aisle, I put my boys down for a nap.
I thought of Bro. Jay forgetting our kiss because Griffin and David's song was so amazing. And Gayden helping with every little detail. And Cailey thought I was Cinderella. The amazing friends and family who were all there. The only time both of our dads were in the same place on this earth.
At the time we had our first dance, I danced with Charlie in the den.
We ate Nutella sandwiches instead of our a-ma-zing Liz Gibbons cake.
Travis gave me a new journal as a gift today. I gave him my journals as my wedding present to him seven years ago.
Today was just a little different, but so much the same, and so much better.
These two boys have added a strength, richness, and depth to our vows and our dreams. I'm very grateful for the way God has used our marriage to grow me, to reveal the inner workings of my heart, and teach me what holiness truly is. I'm so thankful for Travis and this life we share.

No comments:
Post a Comment