We got the apartment! I sat and prayed over several scriptures as I waited for an answer from the owner. I was reading through scriptures I could pray over any new place where we will dwell. My favorite that I've had on our fridge for a few years now is Exodus 33:15 "Lord, if your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from this place." I read that during a Bible study in Rejoice, and it just resonated with me.
And, honestly, as I waited I felt so at peace. It helped that we were doing our normal bedtime routine and letting time pass. The owner was so nice when he called and talked through our options. I hung up and told Travis the details and felt so relaxed about our new place. It's so wonderful that all of it worked out so well... I found it on Craigslist on Friday, contacted Saturday, saw it Sunday, and we committed today. I am definitely not the business person in our family, so it's odd that Travis was ok with it and that I was so calm handling it all. I cannot deny God's hand in it. So I will praise Him!
Yay for our new place! We move mid-September, so our first few weeks of preschool, we'll be driving a bit. It'll be ok, though, because this way we'll have a couple weeks to move from our current apartment to the new one. We love that the apartment is just down the street from school and that we'll have more living space. Will you pray with me that God blesses that house and the owner? I pray during our days there that we will know Jesus and make Him known.
Unrelated but have to share: Charlie was out-of-the-ordinary cuddly with Travis tonight, and it was so cute. Love my boys!


No comments:
Post a Comment