I am sad today. To preface, I am extraordinarily sentimental at my baseline. Add in a sleepless night at work, and I'm just a mess. And here we go...
Travis called me as I was trying to get out of work this morning, and he told me Charlie had moved rooms at daycare. Ooooooh my gracious, I was not prepared for that. AT ALL. Last Tuesday, I had just told them (for the fourth or fifth time) that I need a lot of notice before he promotes. He went on Thursday, and they had put a folded piece of paper in the bottom of the diaper bag that Travis found as he was packing their bags this morning. I cannot express the sadness that came over me. I didn't get a picture of his last day there, I'm honestly not sure if we got any pictures of him in the baby room. I didn't get to give them their little happies and thank you cards. And I didn't get to take him to his new room myself. I will get a picture and do happies tomorrow, but it's not the same. Those little things help immensely in my ability to have a sense of closure on one stage of life before I move into the next one. I am well aware that this is probably ridiculous. I really don't care. Every mama has her particulars, and this is mine.
On top of that, Jack is turning three tomorrow, so I already feel like time is going at turbo speed. The Lord has given me a vapor of life, and I want to cherish every little piece of it. I am not really one who needs to be told to enjoy every moment because it goes so fast. I am constantly wanting to just pause life and savor it. I will get over it, but oh how my heart hurts right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment